Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pizza

We had pizza for dinner tonight. Andy said the crust had a nice taste and texture, and voted it the best yet. It was a thin crust, but flexible. And he liked how I did the sauce. He loves lots of sauce on his, but I find tomato sauce too thin and tomato paste too thick. So, use both and you get it right, lol.

Pizza

For the crust:
Use one recipe crescent roll dough
Roll the dough out and place on pizza pan (I used one with holes in it).
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Add toppings, then bake for another 10 -15 minutes.

Sauce:
1 can tomato sauce (I used no salt)
1 can tomato paste
some dried minced onions
some Italian seasoning
some garlic powder
some grated Parmesan cheese (like Kraft jar)
Whisk together the tomato sauce and paste, then whisk in other ingredients. I don't measure the other ingredients, but go by what looks good.
Place a thin layer of olive oil on the crust before adding the sauce.

For our pizza today, we used the Montina version of this dough. Really, it was a very healthy pizza. We topped with part-skim mozzarella and turkey pepperoni (under the cheese). If I had remembered earlier that I had a green bell pepper, I would have used that, too (but it takes me forever to chop vegetables, and I had already started topping the pizza).
My favorite pizza is alfredo sauce, chicken, and mozzarella. Hmmm... I think I will make pizza again soon. :)

2 comments:

Ginger Carter Miller said...

Instead of sauce and paste, you should try a can of puree. It's a perfect mixture, and it has a little chunk to it.

And one of my italian mother's tricks for sauce is to add some Good Seasons Italian Dressing (powdered). You could add about 1 T. to the pizza sauce and it would turn out good.

Looks yummy. Wish i craved pizza more often.

Carrie said...

MMmmmmmm... i want some pizza!!! I may have to do this one Saturday night before the big sugar bust starts!!! ;-)